addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube
A former member
Post #: 44
So I know the first meetup of this group wasnt well attended, but not for lack of desire. I've been a fan of Palin's travels for years - theres even a thing in todays BBC News about his most recent adventures

http://news.bbc.co.uk...­

If I could have made it, I would have. Still, I'd be interested in hearing what happened, so if theres anything to tell, then tell!

-Don
Heather
sacajawea
Cambridge, MA
Post #: 33
I just saw this message. yep, it was just me from my new nerd group there, but there were plenty of other nerds there to keep me company.

I was tickled pink to just say hi to Michael Palin, though I got a chuckle out of him and that made my day, - year really. It's all a blur, but it was really hot, REALLY hot in the Unitarian church we were in, he said something 'bout the heat and I said they're all going to hell anyways, the unitarians. Ok, so you had to be there, and it was just a single honest loud "Ha!" out of him. but that was good enough for me. (btw, I'm not religious, per se, but funny's funny)

My goal for the evening was to make him laugh. And I did. :) I'm going through his new book of diaries from the Python years, going slowly and enjoying it.
A former member
Post #: 52
Ok, so you had to be there, and it was just a single honest loud "Ha!" out of him. but that was good enough for me. (btw, I'm not religious, per se, but funny's funny)

Hey, no need to explain to us! I for one am quite jealous. I met Terry Jones once, but didnt get a laugh out of him. Getting a laugh out of a Python is like a nerd medal.

"Rev. Lovejoy: Or, if you prefer, we also have Unitarian ice cream.
Lisa: There's nothing here.
Rev. Lovejoy: Exactly!"
-The Simpsons "I'm Goin' to Praiseland"
Heather
sacajawea
Cambridge, MA
Post #: 34
I saw Graham Chapman when I was in college, he came and spoke at our lecture hall. All I remember about it was that he stuck a quarter up his bum and then skillfully dropped it into a glass that was sitting on the floor between his ankles.

I wish I had remembered this, otherwise I woulda brought it up w/ Palin at the book signing. ah well.