This group is for ladies in their 30's (ages 28-45) looking for authentic friendships with some really cool yet nerdy women. Some of us may be new to town, or maybe we're just realizing we need some more awesome, genuine friendships in our lives. You might be more inclined to enjoy some wine and a good book rather than go out. You might enjoy deep conversation over tea more than a night at a dance club. You might prefer to have 5 close friends rather than 20 acquaintances. If this sounds like you, you might have hit the jackpot!
We try new restaurants, play games, watch movies, check out the arts and entertainment, explore the KC area, and much more. If you have ideas, please email the organizer! Let's make this fun and keep it interesting.
Your Hobbies/Interests may include: NPR, knitting, crocheting, quilting, tea and coffee, thoughtful, engaging conversations, learning, cooking, gardening, museums, books, post-graduate studies, exploring nature...
You may describe yourself as: introverted, funny, cerebral, unique, intelligent, fun-loving, genuine...
You might like: movies, food, tea houses, art, book clubs, crafting, game or trivia nights, other cool/nerdy ladies...
Nerdy 30's Ladies Guidelines
1) After 90 days, your free trial runs up. After that, in order to stay, you need to pay the annual fee. If you have trouble with this please email the organizer.
2) After 2 no shows, you are removed from the group.
3) Many events require an organizer to make a reservation with the venue, for this reason please keep your RVSP up-to-date. While emergencies happen, if you repeatedly cancel with 24 hours of an event you will be contacted and could be removed from the group.
4) If you haven't attended a meetup event in 4 months or more, you will be removed from the Facebook group. We share a lot of personal information in the meetup group--about our families, our struggles, our lives, etc. We want the Facebook group to be a reflection of active meetup members.
5) Our primary purpose for this group is to make meaningful friendships among KC lady nerds. This means that nearly all of our events are for members only. Once in a blue moon, you may see an event open to guests, but we are primarily here to stir in our own nerd juices and enjoy a close-knit nerd family atmosphere.
6) Also, because our primary purpose is for quality friendships, we don't sell MLMs, advertise to each other, or market our businesses. Some of that may happen organically as friendships grow, but please do not solicit or promote your business, side hustle, income flow here so that we can focus on developing lasting quality friendships.