What we're about
Euchre is a card game imported from the Midwest. It's a little like Louisiana's Bourré (Boo-ray). What's the appeal of Euchre (pronounced yoo-ker)?
• You play with a partner.
• It involves both luck and skill.
• It is friendly.
How does it work?
• Each player gets a chance to select the Trump suit (the card version, not the political version :)
• When you call a trump suit, the jack of that suit becomes the highest card and the jack of the same suit color becomes the second highest card. For example, if you call clubs as trump, the jack of clubs becomes the highest card and the jack of spades becomes the second-highest card.
• You must follow suit.
• You and your partner earn a point by taking three out of five tricks in a hand.
• If you take all tricks, you get two points.
• If you hand is so good that you decide to go alone (without your partner playing that hand) and take all five tricks, you earn four points.
• The first team to get to 10 points wins.
If you like card games, please join us. If you know how to play Euchre, please join us. If you want to learn the game, please join us. If you like good conversation and company, please join us.