Women Who Code Portland Networking Night @ New Relic (http://www.meetup.com/Women-Who-Code-Portland/events/222804928/)*
This month, our FutureTalks speaker series is joining forces with WWC, as we host seven engineers from New Relic giving brief technical talks about their work, all emcee'd by our very own Liz Abinante (https://twitter.com/feministy), who presented at our February (http://www.meetup.com/New-Relic-FutureTalks-PDX/events/220197465/) event. Next Monday, June 8th will be the 4th Networking Night of their series.
• Alice Goldfuss (https://twitter.com/alicegoldfuss) - "Docker in a Flash"
• Ashley Puls (https://twitter.com/ashley_puls) - "Why, When, and How to Measure Performance"
• Emily Hyland (https://twitter.com/duien) - “Programming for Humans: API design as user experience design”
• Kate Morrow (https://twitter.com/qkate) - "Jelly Bean Trails and Middle-points"
• Katherine Wu (https://twitter.com/kwugirl) - "Moving from ActiveRecord to a Service"
• Katie Leonard (https://twitter.com/keightyleonard) - "Upgrading Rails"
• Zoe Kay (https://twitter.com/zoevkay) - "Upgrading Rails"
5:30-6:00 - Check-In and Networking
6:00-7:30 - Lightning Talks
7:30-8:00 - Wrap Up and Networking
*note: no need to RSVP via Eventbrite
› Doors will open at 5:30 for a 30-minute networking happy half-hour! The food, beer and drinks are provided by Bellagios and New Relic. The presentations will begin right at 6p.
› FutureTalks is brought to you by New Relic (http://www.newrelic.com/) in collaboration with TAO (http://www.techoregon.org/).