1) Jason Fiske (http://www.filemaker.com/developers/devcon/2013/speakers-a-f.html), FileMaker, Inc. Business Account Manager for the Atlantic Territory, will discuss the importance of developing a compelling and effective case study or Return on Investment analysis of existing or proposed FileMaker based solutions. He will review several ways in which empirical data can be used to describe the benefits of a given solution. Examples include, time saved, opportunities created, risks managed or avoided and standards that can be complied with. Additionally, this session will provide guidance on how to determine what the most important internal metrics for success are. He will describe and show real world examples of successful internal presentations that resulted in huge improvements in quality of life and access to resources for those FileMaker advocates that prepared and presented these case studies.
2) Tony White of Tony White Designs, Inc. (http://www.twdesigns.com/) will demonstrate version 2.0 of a FileMaker visitor tracking system.
Tony will share a behind the scenes look at the roadmap that was traveled, what was considered and the decisions that were made in creating a solution with near vertical market quality.
Attendees will receive a valuable FileMaker generated developer resource that was created as part of the project style guide.
3) John Morina of Pueblo Systems, Inc. will present “Sort Icons and script with a twist.” John will show a method using a button object with an Icon as the fill to display asc/desc sort icons. John will also show a simple script to perform the sorting.
4) Bring your FileMaker questions and ask the audience (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Wants_to_Be_a_Millionaire%3F#Lifelines). It is amazing how many problems a group of FileMaker developers can solve.
5) Picks and Tips of the Month (http://nyfmp.org/2013/02/14/introducing-nyfmp-org-picks-and-tips-of-the-month/): Short bits or bytes of interest to our NYFMP.org group members
119 West 23rd Street
New York, NY 10011
(between 6th & 7th Avenues)
5:30 pm Meet & Greet
6:00 pm – 8:00pm Presentation