What we're about
Upcoming events (1)
****NOT A MEETUP SO NO NEED TO RESPOND****
The purpose of this post is answer frequently asked questions so everyone has a clear understanding of how this meetup group will work.
This meet-up is for the sole purpose of organizing like minded individuals so we can eat, drink, and be merry. So it will be expected that there is a cost associated with almost all of our meetups.
Here are some information so this meetup will be enjoyable for everyone.
1. Turn on notifications. Opt into receiving all emails. This is the only way you will receive updates on events, new open spots, venue or time changes, event comments, cancellations etc. I anticipate as we roll along, RSVPs will be snapped up so you don't want to miss out.
2. ALL EVENTS that have a cost, unless explicitly otherwise stated, are FIRST PAY, FIRST RESERVED.
I can’t prevent folks from RSVPing but they will be on the waitlist and no space will be held for them. If the reservation calls for 8, but only 4 people pre-pay then the reservation will be reduced down to 4 diners.
I will give those who are genuinely serious about attending an event the opportunity to do so even if that means getting a larger table if needed.
Please note that the biggest issue for any group organizer are folks who RSVP but never show up. This policy doesn’t prevent no-shows, but it does limit it drastically, since members who pay for their activities upfront tend to show up.
3. I will limit space at events I organize depending on the location, activity and level of financial risk involved.
Regarding restaurants and private dining experiences, most of them require a card for large parties and most charge $25pp or more for last minute cancellations/no-shows. This is why I will require deposits or full pre-payments in certain instances and why I always give the deadline to alert me of your cancellation in order to be refunded.
Please remember the golden rule – do unto others as you expect them to do you.
4. I accept payments through Venmo. Venmo is owned by Paypal, is free & secure. My username is Tammy-Oh29. Please check out www.venmo.com. Please note that if you wish to be charged through the Meetup platform, there will be an extra fee that will be passed on to you.
5. I want this group to be successful with us eventually experiencing food experiences outside of New York City and maybe internationally and I will try to be a very active organizer. However, I am not available 24/7. I cannot answer all emails or messages within 5 mins of receiving them, even though I will try to answer as quickly as possible. I have a full time job and a small business so occasionally things that are not those two things will fall by the wayside.
As such, just as I would you, I ask that you exercise patience when contacting me. That being said, the quickest way to find me is by the group email – [masked]
I hope the above is helpful and makes sense. As always, happy to answer questions. See you at an event soon.