Are you someone brand new to Victoria or have just recently moved here in the last year or two and are trying to meet new people with similar interests? This is the group for you! Get to meet other new Victorians, discover new places and things to do in this city and region, and make new connections! No matter your age group, from 18 to 85, as long as you're a recent Victoria resident, this group is for you!
We'll organize a lot of events and gatherings down the road, and we'll let members organize their own events as well. Some suggested events for this spring and summer include:
• Pub Nights: we'll pick a neighbourhood pub in Victoria and meet up as a group to say hi and socialize!
• Sightseeing tours to discover some of Victoria's amazing heritage and sights. Been to Craigdarroch Castle? Cattle Point? Strolled the flower garden at Government House? Walked the Gorge Trail? Let's do it as a group!
• Afternoon BBQs during the Summer - members agree to host 2-8 other members, BYOM (bring your own meat!).
• Movie Nights: members host others for a night enjoying a movie and popcorn on your home's big screen! (or in the case of one member, a giant outdoor screen!)
• Social Sporting Events - how's your mini putt golf game? What about go karts? Play any beach volleyball? We'll get some events together!
• Plays and Theatre - meet as a group for a theater or play event, and as a group, we can get access to cheaper tickets and better seating choices!
• Pot Luck Dinners: members of the group can volunteer to host dinners for other members, from 2 to 10 people, or more if you can handle it!
This is a revival of a group that was created a few months ago, but had been let to expire by the previous organizer.