Stefan Tilkov and Johannes Mainusch will open the new season of our NewStore tech talks in 2020. We're looking forward to seeing you all. Drinks & pizza will be provided as usual.
1. "Software Architecture, Processes, Organization – and Humans"
by Stefan Tilkov
2. "Cloud-Performance - how we survived the holiday season @NewStore"
by Hannes et al.
Software Architecture, Processes, Organization – and Humans
- In this talk, we’ll look at software architecture, team organization and the interplay between technology and humans. We’ll address some of the patterns and anti-patterns that can be observed when organizations try to evolve towards more decentralization and autonomy, and take a look at some strategies to ensure technology supports and enables the desired outcome.
Cloud-Performance - how we survived the holiday season @NewStore
Performance is still key in usability and operations of all applications that we build and use.
- [masked]€ per year by 0.1s performance improvement @otto.de.
- Time 37 improvement by removing a lock in go code!
-[masked]€/week on AWS cost! Srsly?
- Why are all these things not done right in the first place…
This talk will discuss the above issues and will add some spice with our recent holiday season f***-**s experiences.
Stefan Tilkov is a co-founder and principal consultant at INNOQ, a technology consulting company with offices in Germany and Switzerland. He has been involved in the design of large-scale, distributed systems for more than two decades, using a variety of technologies and tools. He has authored numerous articles and a book (“REST und HTTP”, German), and is a frequent speaker at conferences around the world.
Johannes Mainusch is the CTO at NewStore and one of the founders of Kommitment with the mission to bring democratic and participatory structures into companies. Prior to that, he was a manager at XING, OTTO and EPOST where he learned what refactoring means for business and organization.
6:30 - 7:00 pm - Start: get yourself a drink and some pizza
7:00 - 7:45 pm - Talk 1
7:45 - 8:00 pm - Q&A
8:00 - 8:45 pm - Talk 2
8:45 - 9:00 pm - Q&A
8:00 - 9:30 pm - Networking