What we're about
Hi there! Welcome to the North East's 20s and 30s social group.
We're a group of lovely young people who like to meet up to socialise and attend events around Newcastle and the North East. Some of the things we like to do include: nights out, coffee, days out and walks, board games, book club and much more…
Are you looking to make friends outside of work/further education? Then this is the group for you! Our main aim is to bring people together at fun and interesting events.
What is a young professional? I hear you say. Anyone in their 20s or 30s. We don't really mind about the professional bit - it just makes us sound fancier.
Please be aware of:
- Treat others as you wish to be treat yourself. (Be kind, considerate and respectful to one another)
- If you can no longer attend an event, please update your RSVP to not going ASAP.
- If you're feeling unwell on the day of an event and you think it might be contagious (coughs, colds, high temperatures, aches etc.), please come another time when you're feeling well. See rule 2. This does not apply to allergies.
- Hot topics (i.e. religion, politics etc.): We suggest avoiding these topics, however it is permissible provided it isn’t causing hostilities or upsetting the vibe. If the host asks you to change the subject, please do.
- Are you just looking for “love”? If so please join a dating app or join a different group where that is the purpose. Our group is here for people to make friends. Please don’t treat it as an opportunity for speed dating or treat the group like a dating site.
- If you have an idea of somewhere to go on an event, please pass this on to the host rather than taking the group with you. If it has reached the end of the event and you wish to take some of the group with you, that is OK providing you ensure anyone you bring knows that it isn’t part of the group and you are going to a public venue.
Hosting code (applies to hosts): http://www.northeastyoungprofessionals.co.uk/Documents/Hosting%20Code%20January%202022%20Final.pdf
I take issues/complaints seriously. If something isn’t right, report it to me (Alex) via the MeetUp chat.
We meet in public places where there are other people who maybe less lovely than you. Additionally as nice as we think all our members are, we cannot vet them. Therefore I’d advise you to stick to the following safety recommendations whilst out with us:
- Keep your belongings with you at all times.
- Never leave your drink unattended – gents, that includes you too.
- We do not advise going off to anyone's house/private event. If you do, make sure know and trust them.
- Leaving the group with people you don't know? Make sure someone you know, knows where you are and when you’ll be back.
- In the very unlikely event a member causes you trouble, report it to Alex and the host at the event you’re attending.
- There’s strength in numbers, look out for one another
- Further suggestions: https://www.port.ac.uk/student-life/help-and-advice/staying-safe/staying-safe-on-a-night-out
- Is there a membership fee? There is no fee to join the group. If you liked an event, maybe offer to buy the host a drink...they're all volunteers. Note: Some events might have a fee to recover costs.
- How do I attend an event? Find an event you'd like to go to, RSVP as going to it, follow the instructions on the event to find the group on the day.
- Can I bring a friend? Usually yes, when you RSVP you will get an option to add a plus 1, if the host is allowing them. If the event doesn't give the option, check with the event host.
- I'm new, which events can I attend? Any, all our events are open to old and new members.
- Do I have to live in Newcastle? Nope, anyone from anywhere in the world is welcome to attend.
- Where are your events? Mostly they are around Newcastle, every now and again we have them elsewhere in the North East of England to mix it up a bit.
- What if I have an idea for an event? Suggestions can be sent to myself (Alex) on the Meetup chat.
- I have a question about an event. Any questions about a scheduled event, put the comments or contact the event host.
- Do you have a group chat? Yes. We have a Messenger chat, if you’d like to join it, please ask one of the hosts.
We all look forward to meeting you soon :)
Upcoming events (4+)
Past events (861)
This content is available only to members