addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Nicole
user 30001672
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 1
Hi guys,

I'm new to this group and have only recently returned to Newcastle.

Not sure how to make suggestions for new meetup events so here goes...

Does anyone know of somewhere in Newcastle where they do a thanksgiving dinner?
When in London, I met up with a group of USA guys who invited me to a London-based but old fashioned USA thanksgiving. Was a fun night but not sure if they do something similar around here?

Also would love to go to the Short+Sweet Festival: top 10 productions of 10 minute plays with 10 casts, 10 directors and one winner. Thought a group could go and then we could grab a coffee after to go through what they were about! I went to something similar before and sometimes there are some that you just have to say "What was that all about?!"confused

Let me know what you guys think, like I said, I'm new so happy to hear from you!
Michael
newcastle-guy
Newcastle, AU
Post #: 3
Hello Nicole,

Welcome to the group (and welcome back to Newcastle).

To make a new suggestion, there is the text "+ SUGGEST A NEW MEETUP" link on the front page of this group. Once 3 people say they are attending it gets officially launched as an actual Meetup (or you can contact Johnna and ask her to make it official immediately).

You have certainly comes to the right group for your question. Johnna is American and last year did a nice Thanksgiving dinner (she always puts in a lot of effort into meetups). So she might be a long soon to let us know if she will do it again this year ;)

When is the film festival on? It sounds like it might be fun to go to.

Michael