This is a No More Mr. Nice Guy support group is a community of men based on the work for Dr. Robert Glover the leading authority on the subject. We welcome men from all walks of life and provide a safe place for men to start learning to be their authentic self. Having read the book is not important to join the group, but if the description below chimes with you, and you wish to make necessary life changes, join our group.
If you are not familiar with the work of Dr. Glover I would recommend starting with the book No More Mr. Nice Guy and getting familiar with the core concepts discussed in our group meetings.
Nice Guys have been conditioned to believe that if they are "good" and do everything "right", they will be loved, get their needs met, and have a smooth life. Sound too good to be true? It is. This belief is a myth, which only leaves Nice Guys feeling frustrated, lonely, and powerless.
Dr. Robert Glover says:
An integrated male takes responsibility for getting his own needs met.
This group is about taking full responsibility for our lives instead of blaming others for our life situations. Time and again people fall into the trap of comparing ourselves to others. The goal is to forge our own lives based on our own set of values and purpose.
There is nothing wrong with being nice. But the Nice Guy does it to seek approval and avoid rejection. He's a people pleaser. He constantly sets his own needs and wants aside, and pretends to be something he's not, in order to make other people happy. Suppressing his authenticity does not work for long. The Nice Guy eventually blows up in rage, passive-aggressive behavior. Nice Guys do not feel that it's safe to be exactly who they are and therefore are secretive, manipulative, and very unhappy.
We are a group of men who want to start taking control of our lives. We have seen that we cannot do it alone. The group aims to provide a safe place for men to have difficult conversations without fear of judgment.
We pledge to help, support, and encourage one another in our journey to become Integrated Males. We strive to:
• Stop seeking the approval of others.
• Learn effective ways to get our needs met.
• Feel more powerful and confident.
• Create the kind of intimate relationships we really want.
• Learn to express our feelings and emotions.
• Embrace our masculinity and have meaningful relationships with other men.
• Live up to our potential and become truly creative and productive.
• Accept ourselves just as we are.
• Live with total integrity.
If these are things you want in your life, please join us! Any adult (21+) male is welcome, regardless of relationship status, position in life, religious beliefs, or sexual orientation. We strive to make our meetings safe for all.
As a group, our goal is to meet every Tuesday or every other Tuesday for about 2 hours. We also plan to do some other manly activities to give you a chance to bond with our group of safe men.
Even though we take the principal themes for our meetings from the book "No More Mr. Nice Guy", by Dr. Robert Glover ( http://www.nomoremrniceguy.com ), we also use other inspirational books and materials to enhance our discussions. Join us and start getting what you want in Life, love, and relationships!
Please read the following
Community Values and Guidelines
• Respect for the rights, differences, and dignity of others
• Respect confidentiality.
• Honesty and integrity in dealing with all members of the community
• Accountability for personal behavior
• Live an authentic life.
• A pursuit of vulnerability through sharing of personal experiences.
• Being fully present (And listen actively).
• Discover your personal passion.
• Accept that everyone is on their own journey.
• Support others as they pursue an authentic life.
• Respect women. (without putting them on a pedestal and treat them as equals)
• Be an example to children.
• Honor your commitments. (Keep your word.)
• Strive to build a community spirit.
• Know our responsibilities.
Members shall refrain from creating disruptions within the group.
By attending the meetings, I agree with the community values and vow to withhold the code.
We advocate authenticity, and this is the first and important step towards it. Please follow these guidelines to ensure that your request for membership is approved swiftly.
As part of the membership process we require that all members meet the following requirements: