Are you interested in exploring some of Norwich’s historic locations, or just a fan of Scooby–Doo? Then this is the walk for you ☺ Please Note: There is a no dogs allowed sign in the Rosary Road cemetery which will be part of this walk. If you intend to bring your dog you may wish to check into this in more detail before the walk.
The walk will start from the old Britannia Barracks (now café Britannia) heading off on a winding ramble exploring Mousehold Heath and then on to some of Norwich’s sacred and religious sites plus a number of other historic landmarks.
Places of interest:
• Vinegar pond
• The site of a ritual murder and a lost chapel
• One of Norwich’s best-kept secrets, from where you can see an amazing 18 medieval churches
• Sections of the old city wall
• The black tower
• A spooky disused cemetery with lots of tombstones
Food and Drink:
• There will be a stop at the Red Lion pub where we can rest and take on fluids!
• A CAKE stop will also be provided at the end of the walk at Café Britannia (should anyone need feeding) ☺
There is free off-street parking in front of the café on Britannia Road or behind the café on Knox Road.
1) This will be a leisurely / moderate walk but we will be walking up and down a number of hills and a lot of steps so please bring suitable clothing and footwear.
2) Remember to bring food and drink, there's a number of drink and a lunch stop half-way round.
3) Dog owners can bring their dogs on the walk providing they keep them under effective control and cope with the steps.
4) If you're new to the group and you have any questions about the walk please message me here directly and I’ll endeavour to answer them.
Thanks – Steve