An introduction to cross-platform mobile development with Flutter, with Tom Alabaster.
Section 1 (9:30 - 10:00):
- What is Flutter?
- Why is Flutter different?
- How does Flutter work?
- Material design vs Cupertino
- Design for the brand vs design for the platform
Section 2 (10:05 - 12:30):
- Dart language
- Hands on: Creating a new Flutter project
- Hands on: Exploring available widgets
- Stateless vs Stateful widgets
- Hands on: Constructing our own widgets
- Hands on: Scrollables
- Columns and Rows
- Hands on: Columns and Rows
- Hands on: ListViews
- Hands on: Navigation
Section 3 (13:30 - 15:00):
- Debugging tools
- Visual debugging
- Advanced navigation
- Hands on: Advanced navigation
- Tabs and "fragments"
- Hands on: Tabs and "fragments"
- Hands on: Making HTTP requests
- Hands on: Futures
Section 4 (15:05 - 17:00)
- Building for multiple form factors
- Running native code
- Unit, Widget and Integration testing
Tom is a mobile developer at earthware (earthware.co.uk) and has been doing mobile development for more than 4 years. He's used native development tools and various cross-platform technologies in the past but has always been hunting for the "holy grail" of mobile app development.
(Please note, this event will be held in Conference Room 2, at The King's Centre)