Are you interested in a fun, simple and healthier way of eating? Are you suffering from a health condition and would like to see if something as simple as the food you eat could make an immediate and drastic difference? The purpose of this group is to support people who are trying to transition into a healthier way of eating. Where ever you are in the process, there are great ways to do this transition. Even if you are just trying it for the first time, you will gain valuable information on nutrition, healthier living, and a more abundant life. The purpose of this Meetup Group is to gather and share information related to vegan and raw and holistic living/lifestyle. We will gather for demos, lectures and other related events that are vegan/plant based and/or raw lifestyle.
EDUCATE YOURSELF !!!
Must see Plant-based videos: Watching these videos and having your friends watch them will give you the basic knowledge of science, technology, clinical studies, and testimonials of the effects of plant-based eating. Some of these studies done have been on people groups of over 200,000 people over 25 years. Better science than most studies done on any other subject.
To find these videos, search on the title for the best link. Or Netflix or YouTube
- Forks over Knives 2011 : Largest scientific study ever done on eating habits.
- What the Health 2017 full documentary : Getting rid of Diabetes and other diseases
- COWSPIRACY: The Sustainability Secret : This film is NOT about cows being abused. Its about the effects of animal agriculture on our environment. Watch the full length version.
- Food as Medicine, Michael Gregor M.D. Sedona TedX
- I Love Nutritional Science: Dr Joel Fuhrman at TEDxCharlottesville 2013
- What I Wish Someone Had Told Me In Medical School About Nutrition, Michael klaper MD