**WHAT IS IT ABOUT?**
We'll be talking about the basics in automation for software development and deployment, with a focus on web services and applications, related version control and cloud computing technologies.
Our guest speakers will aim to answer these key questions:
1. What are common industry workflows for automating web app / service testing and deployment?
2. What specific tools and technologies are in use today? What are those that are on the horizon? Why might one choose a given service over another?
3. What security concerns are there in automating integration and deployment?
4. What effect does CI/CD automation have on testing workflows?
5. Where can interested folks get more information on these topics?
**WHO IS SPEAKING?**
Founder of Cloudneeti
Sr. Software Engineer at Zulily
**WHAT IS THE FORMAT?**
We'll have a quick introduction followed by guest speakers and then open Q&A for everyone. There will be time after for socializing with fellow attendees and speakers as well.
**DO I HAVE TO BE AN EXPERT? A STUDENT?**
No and no. This Meetup is open to all who are interested and is meant to be an introduction to the topic.
**WHAT SHOULD I BRING?**
A sense of curiosity, good questions, and maybe something to jot down notes and questions. Business cards or a willingness to share digital contact information is a good idea too!
**WILL THERE BE FOOD OR DRINK?**
We're planning to have limited pizza, plus soda, and water.
**HOW SHOULD I GET THERE?**
IMPORTANT: SR99 / the Viaduct will be closed a few days before this event. Please give yourself plenty of extra time to arrive!
North Seattle College is served by several buses and rideshare services. We encourage folks to use public transit and carpool if possible, but parking is available for a small fee on campus. Parking is very limited in the neighborhood surrounding campus.