Love to feel the wind in your hair but don't want to be restrained by pavement? This group is open to anyone with a desire to stray slightly off the beaten path, and pick up a little dirt along the way.
Dual sports, thumpers, and endures riding tarmac, forest service roads, single & two track, and anything in-between. Experienced roadies, green newbies and camp rats are all welcome.
We don't have to have the same bike or skill level to have fun riding together. However, we do believe in having respect and patience for fellow riders, that you always and forever ride SAFE, and that you share your wisdom during the ride and your beer afterwards.
1. There are no fees
2. We do not take responsibility for other riders safety - but we stress safety-first
3. We do not take roll. We do not keep track of riders that show up at events
4. Meetup photos of individual people are recommended in order to become a member.
5. You must be 18 years of age or older.
Registration assume you accept the terms and conditions of membership as a "rider" of this group. By joining as a member you...
1. Acknowledgment of Risks and Personal Responsibility. You wish to go on a motorcycle ride or rides as a recreational sporting activity arranged through Meetup.com or the North Sound Dual Sport Riders. This is not a commercial group or business, but is simply a group of friends and acquaintances who met online and wish to go on motorcycle rides together. The group leaders have not charged and member fees to participate. You understand and acknowledge that motorcycles are dangerous, that the terrain may present challenges and hazards, and that by being near others who are riding motorcycles or riding a motorcycle myself you may be permanently injured or killed. Although a ride may have an organizer or a leader, you agree that neither the leader nor the organizer has agreed to take responsibility for my safety. You are solely responsible for your own navigation, motorcycle maintenance, survival and equipment repair, and every aspect of safe motorcycle riding.
2. Voluntary Assumption of Risk. Nobody on this ride has any leverage or authority over you; you may ride or not ride with this group as you choose. You agree that you completely understand the final and binding nature of this release and waiver. If you have any confusion about the meaning of this, do not sign up as a member and do not participate in any events.
3. Release, Waiver, and Covenant not to sue. In consideration for receiving permission to participate in this group, you hereby RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE North Sound Dual Sport Riders, the Organizer(s), their Co-Organizer’s, their Event Organizer’s, their Assistant Organizer, or members who lead or participate in events (hereinafter referred to as RELEASEES) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or to any property belonging to me, while participating in such activity, while in, on or upon the premises where the activities are being conducted, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH LOSS IS CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES, or otherwise and regardless of whether such liability arises in tort, contract, strict liability, or otherwise, to the fullest extent allowed by law.
4. Hold Harmless. You further hereby AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the RELEASEES from any loss, liability, damage, or costs, including court costs and attorneys' fees that Releases may incur due to my participation in said activities, WHETHER CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES or otherwise, to the fullest extent allowed by law.