NSS IS A MEMBER-ORIENTED GROUP AND MEMBERSHIP IN IT'S COMMUNITY IS A PRIVILEGE NOT AN ENTITLEMENT. NSS MOTTO IS: " GIVE , AND YOU SHALT RECEIVE " we are here to support and help each other as well as have fun.
North Shore Social is our community. The place you can turn to, to cover your social needs and more! The members of NSS have always been the #1 priority.
NSS offers its members one of the most active, and diverse calendar of events in Meetup. All events are hosted by your co-members and friends. Every member of NSS knows that when they attend an event with NSS, they will be welcome and amongst friends.
NSS members are some of the nicest, and most active people in Meetup according to our Meetup generated metrics. All of the information about NSS is public to its members, (go under the ABOUT US, MORE, MONEY, and STATS tabs). ONLY MEMBERS OF NSS WILL BE ALLOWED TO ATTEND OUR EVENTS. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BRING A GUEST THEY WOULD NEED TO JOIN NSS BEFORE THEY CAN ATTEND. THANK YOU!
1) NSS is community funded and managed. Though there is no charge to join, after your trial period is over a small annual membership fee of $16.50 is mandatory to attend events. Dues can be payed online with credit card by clicking on the $16.50/year Manager under Members Dues on the home page. You can also pay Eirini Kay in person with cash/check at an event we are both attending or you can mail a check made out to: North Shore Social, 56 Peabody St 1E, Salem, Mass 01970. (If you mail a check please also send me a message through your NSS profile with name check is under.) Every member has the chose to host 6 events a year and be exempt from dues. Just contact Eirini Kay. Our community offers it's members so much so we ask from our members to give back by either dues or hosting it is your chose.
By paying your members dues, not only will you have access to one of the most active calendars, full of a variety of diverse events in Meetup, you will also have access to a lot of fun "perks."
Eirini Kay is always willing to offer all NSS members help and guidance when needed, just contact her. NSS goal is and will always be the welfare of its members!
SINCE 03-24-15 NSS IS IT'S OWN ENTITY AND OUR COMMUNITY, EVERYONE SHOULD CONTRIBUTE TO KEEP IT GOING!
NSS must pay Meetup.com membership dues to host the group http://www.meetup.com/pricing/ , pay taxes, buy materials, host special events, offer special perks to our members, help out NSS members in need and we also contribute to known charities and fundraisers.
OUT OF $16.50 AFTER MEETUP AND WE-PAY TAKE THEIR SHARE $14.75 IS LEFT. FROM THAT AFTER TAXES ARE TAKING OUT. $6.00 ABOUT IS LEFT TO NSS 0.50 CENTS A MONTH.
Feel free to contact Eirini Kay or NSS Event Maestro if you have any questions about the dues.
2) NSS tries to be accessible to everyone so if you can not afford the annual membership fee you can contribute to the NSS community by hosting at least 6 event a year and be exempt from paying the yearly dues. If their is any other reason you believe you should be exempt from dues just contact Eirini Kay.
Please contact Eirini Kay through your NSS profile if you chose to actively host so she can list you exempt from dues. This way Meetup will continue to allow you to attend events and will not remove you automatically from NSS.
3) All events on NSS calendar must have someone acting as the Event Host. No events with out a Host will be allowed. The whole purpose of North Shore Social Meetup is that members sit together and interact. It is not for people to just randomly arrive at venues and sit alone, just for the purpose of promoting the venues and businesses.
4) Attendance policy: RESPECT your hosts they DO NOT get payed to host, their events are for their pleasure too. You are expected to update your RSVP to "NO" WAY IN ADVANCE. If you sign up to attend an event and your plans change, please be sure to change your RSVP at least 1 day before event. When you don't a lot of issues arise.
A) Members on wait lists don't have time to make arrangements to attend event.
B) Inaccurate headcounts mislead our hosts and damage relationships with our venues. All reservations if needed were all ready made at least a day before event, some times even more in advance. Last minute changes do not give hosts time to call venues with updated head counts.
C) Members/Hosts are not sure of the number of people attending and end up waiting for no reason to start event. Their are many more problems created too, so please if you are unsure at least 1 day before event you can make it, change your RSVP to "NO". If you cancel due to an emergency, contact your host as soon as possible to tell them so.
MEMBERS WHO CHANGE RSVP TO "NO" LESS THAN 1 DAY IN ADVANCE OR NO SHOW COULD BE DENIED ATTENDANCE TO EVENTS BY THE HOSTS AND MAY EVEN BE REMOVED FROM NSS ALL TOGETHER.
(If I could host/attend or both 176 events and have not one "No-Show", you all could make sure you have none either. What do you think would happen if I "No Showed" for the other 180 events I am hosting/attending or both? I do not think you would like it one bit.
The: View attendance history and View RSVP details are links to see more exact details about NSS members behavior during their membership with NSS.)
ALL HOSTS AND ORGANIZERS HAVE ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION ABOUT EACH MEMBER OF NSS. SO BE INFORMED, WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE!
5) Any active Event Host/Member can Host/suggest an event free from personal profit. For all other types of events please contact Eirini Kay for approval. Our Members trust in the NSS is # 1 priority.
6) All Event Hosts/members are required to: Have a clear photo of themselves and answer all questions in their profile. This makes it easier for the Event Host to find people at events and vsv. Not complying to this rule can result in you being removed from an attendee list of an event or even the NSS completely. Don't forget all hosts of NSS do not get compensated for their time and efforts, they have the right to decline members to attend their events that don't comply with NSS guide lines.
7) Even though our events have dozens of people or more in attendance, to the venue we are all one person. Your behavior affects us all. Please be respectful in person or online of our members/hosts/venues and all those who work with us.
DISCLAIMER: During all events, Members are responsible for themselves. The Organizer and Event Hosts are not responsible for the safety of the participants of events. We will try our best to prevent accidents, but are not responsible or liable if something happens to you during your membership with NSS. AS A CONDITION OF JOINING AND ATTENDING EVENTS OF NORTH SHORE SOCIAL MEETUP GROUP, YOU AGREE to hold harmless, and indemnify the organizer and her heirs, and all members and participants of this Meetup group from any and all claims for injury, illness, death, and/or property damage including those caused by negligence, ignorance, inexperience and other reasons. You also agree to assume all mental, physical, financial, and/or other risk associated with this meetup. All meetup activities might pose inherent risks and dangers. Participation in these activities is voluntary and dependent upon your own personal judgment. By joining the NSS and our events, you acknowledge this. Thank you for joining us.