We see technology spread through our society every day, but it’s barely touched our archaic financial services industry in Australia. We believe that banking and financial services have been the sectors most resistant to change because they have so much to lose. FinTech (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_technology) is on the rise and the positive impact on consumers is already visible – it's still only just beginning.
In this talk, our speaker will explore:
• How to develop a successful FinTech product (intersecting innovation, creativity and technology as a point of differentiation)
• How to master disruption in such a highly regulated industry (including the rise of FinTech in financial services and Fintech trends)
• Valuable insights and advice for new FinTech Startups
• Making ideas happen and a transparent look at his company's story so far, with lessons and advice along the way
OUR AWESOME SPEAKER - Paul Bennetts (https://au.linkedin.com/in/paulbennetts), CEO, Spaceship
Spaceship CEO, Paul Bennetts, started his career at Goldman Sachs and kept his head down as the GFC hit. He then became the Investment Manager for the $500m Tulla Family Office (http://www.tulla.com.au/index.html). For the past 2.5 years, Paul has been a Venture Partner at AirTree Ventures (http://airtree.vc), a $250M Venture Fund. Today, he's building Spaceship (https://www.spaceship.com.au). A place to invest your Super where the world is going.
Spaceship is a technology-focused Superannuation Fund offering a diversified portfolio with tech at its core, built for those with long investment horizons. Spaceship is looking to completely change the landscape of superannuation. We've seen technology immerse itself throughout society, but not our Super.
WHEN: Wednesday 1st March
TIME: 6pm - 8:30pm
WHERE: Bay 9, Middlemiss Street, Lavender Bay NSW 2060
AGENDA of the evening:
• 6:00pm: Please arrive on time to meet other entrepreneurs / startups and check out the co-working space.
• 6:20pm ish: Presentations along with Q&A
• 7:20pm ish: Chat with the speakers and other entrepreneurs
• 8:30pm ish: We try to kick you out! (But there's often a bunch around 'til 9pm)
This is a free event. Please take time to thank someone from Bay9 who are sponsoring this event.
We want to keep building the community of startups and innovation ecosystem people on the North Shore (https://www.facebook.com/groups/NorthSydInnovationNetwork/). If you're on Facebook, please make sure you've joined the NSIN (https://www.facebook.com/groups/NorthSydInnovationNetwork/).
If you have a friend who is working on a startup, you may like to send them the link to this event. You never know what spark might be created as a result!
Bay9 (http://bay9.com.au/thespace)is an awesome heritage space with self-contained work pods, shared offices and an open co-working space for startup and innovation-focused businesses and freelancers in Sydney’s North Shore.
It's for people who actually want to get work done and are committed to achieving their business goals.
See you there!