What we’re about
Hi! Thanks for visiting our Meetup page, which we use as a recruitment channel for our sailing and social club. When you join this Meetup group, you will receive an invitation to become a member of the NorthWest Sailing Association club, which will enable you to take part in all our social and sailing events.
We are a fun, enthusiastic group of sailors living around Chicago and the harbor towns of west Lake Michigan, who enjoy sailing and sharing our knowledge with others. We've been at it for more than 40 years, and are one of the most active clubs in the area! We regularly sail out of all major Chicago area harbors, and on some local lakes.
Our members include families, couples, and singles. We are skippers with cruising boats, day sailors, and trailer sailors; and crew seeking to learn and help out. We all have a love of sailing, being on the water, and sharing our experiences with a fun group of people! Join us to:
- Meet other sailors: boat owners looking for crew, racers, cruisers, trailer sailors, and enthusiastic crew members looking to widen their experience.
- Socialize year-round; haul-out doesn’t end our season. We get together all year for picnics, a banquet, parties, social events, and monthly meetings.
- Learn, teach and share! NWSA members are ready to help!
Our club is very accessible; our adult single membership fee is $40, and a family of two is $50; that’s it! There are no other fees.
There are three ways you can join:
- Click the Meetup "Request to Join" button on this page, to receive a welcome message, and an invitation to join our club.
- Go directly to our website https://nwsail.com/ (or use the QR code in the Meetup picture above). There, you can enroll by clicking the "Join" button.
- Come to our next monthly meeting (details published on our Meetup page). We will take care of you!
If you have any questions, you can use the Contact Us link on our website to send me a message, and I will be sure to get back to you!
We hope to see you soon!
Gordon (NWSA Membership Director)