We are an enthusiastic group of sailors living in and about Chicago's Northwest suburbs. We share a quest for increased knowledge and improved seamanship in a spirit of camaraderie and fun.
Founded in 1974 by a small group of 25 sailors seeking others of similar interests, we now have over 170 members, and are one of the most active clubs in the area.
Members include families, couples, singles - anyone interested in sailing. This includes skippers with large cruising boats, daysailers, trailerables, even those with no boats, but an interest in or a love of sailing. Ample opportunities to crew are available at each sailing event and during the days between events.
· Share your passion for sailing with 170+ enthusiasts! We regularly sail out of all major Chicago area harbors, and on surrounding inland lakes.
· Meet other sailors: owners looking for crew, racers, cruisers, trailer sailors and enthusiastic crew members looking to widen their experience.
· Experience a wide variety of boats: sailing dinghies, trailer-sailers, beach cats, wood replicas, onshore cruisers.
· Participate year-round; haul-out doesn’t end our season. We socialize all winter, including our annual Dinner Dance, Wish I Were Sailing Party, Snug Harbors and monthly meetings.
· Learn! Teach! Share! NWSA members are ready to help!
· Our modest adult membership fee (Single $35, Family $40), gives access to over twenty sailing events, with no additional fees.
YOU MUST ENROLL AS A NWSA MEMBER TO PARTICIPATE IN SAILING EVENTS! Click the link www.nwsail.com to find out more! YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A MEMBER TO ATTEND A CLUB MEETING.