You are welcome to join us if you are an Intermediate+ golfer. Here are some expectations:
- Familiarity with basic rules of golf and golf etiquette, particularly the practice of honoring a good pace of play; - Respect for the game and our members; - Adherence to our policies, including showing up for events on time or earlier if requested.
Whether you participate in our golf outings or our non-golf social events, you are responsible for any damages or injuries you cause to property or other persons. You are participating at NCGC events at your own risk, and neither the Organizer nor the Event Organizers will be liable for damages or injuries caused by any of our members during our meetups or travel to and from our meetups. NCGC is also not liable for any injuries inflicted upon it members or damages done to members' properties or loss of properties (including golf equipment, transportation, etc.) during events and travel to and from our meetups.
Also, unless you are already a member of our Beginners group, you must use your real name or initials and a recent photo of yourself when signing up. If you are not comfortable with this policy or any of our other policies, this is not the group for you.
OUR GOALS AND ACTIVITIES
Let’s play our part in promoting and practicing the industry’s goal of finishing a round in about 4.5 hours.
For over two years, we have been providing exceptional golf experience to players of all ages, and our group keeps getting better and better. We will continue to play 18-hole courses all over the Bay Area and sometimes beyond.
We oftentimes hang out after the round for a meal or a drink. This is optional, so don't feel obligated to stick around if your plans do not permit it.
We are also open to suggestions for playing various courses in the Bay Area. If there is a course you would like to play, let one of the Event Organizers know and we will look to getting it on the calendar.
Annual NON-REFUNDABLE fee: $11.36.
If a member is removed from our group, this fee will not be refunded.
ATTENDANCE and RSVPs
Our attendance policy is strict. This is a requirement as we reserve tee times up to two weeks in advance, and we are required to fill those tee times. Golf courses do not like last minute cancellations as they make their money by having full foursomes.
When you receive notifications of scheduled meetups, it is not necessary to reply "No" if you are not attending an event. You have the option to click on "Yes" or "No," but you don't have to; you can simply delete the email without replying. Of course, if you RSVP "Yes" then your plans change, you must update your RSVP to "No."
Do not sign up for a meetup if there's a chance that you might have to cancel at the last minute. It's better for you to sign up at the last minute than to cancel at the last minute.
* Although one no-show may result in the removal from our group, the first no-show may only be given a warning, depending on the circumstances.
* Last-minute cancellations are frowned upon. A last-minute cancel is if you cancel your RSVP after the RSVP deadline or after an Event Organizer has posted the group assignments, which might be a day or two before the RSVP deadline.
* A combination of a no-show and last-minute cancellation will also result in the removal from our group.
* Last-minute cancellations will be accepted from our "regular" members who have a good attendance record—until it starts to become a habit.
Thank you for observing and respecting our policies. We work hard to ensure that our members always have a great experience on the golf course.
Welcome to the Northern California Golf Club. We look forward to your upcoming participation.