What we're about
The Northern Virginia BENG Networking Group (BENG) is a multidisciplinary, independent group of job seekers, those currently employed and business net-workers, willing to help others. Current membership includes mid to senior level executives with over ten (10) years of business experience. Attendees come from the financial management, information technology, legal, manufacturing, engineering, transportation, logistics, distribution and general management industries. We actively seek new members from all disciplines.
BENG provides its members with:
1. A supportive atmosphere of high-value, face-to-face networking opportunities
2. Relevant professional contacts for the unemployed, employed and self-employed
3. An emotionally supportive environment for those in career transition
Networking meetings provide members with an opportunity to sharpen their networking skills, meet peers from various disciplines and share business opportunities and job leads.
How it works:
1. Each participant delivers an "elevator speech" letting the group know what type of job or specific business connection you are seeking
2. The other participants share leads, connections and suggestions. Each participant delivers an "elevator speech" letting the group know what type of job or specific business connection you are seeking
What to bring to each meeting:
1. Bring 20 copies of a ONE-PAGER -- a single piece of paper -- featuring job history, skills, objectives and contact info. If you distribute this page at the start of your presentation, fellow attendees are much better able to deliver feedback and ideas.
2. Bring a “tent card” with your name to place in front of your seat (a folded 8 ½ x 11 sheet of paper works great).