What we're about
*Please note this group now has a membership limit of 50 (blame Meet Ups expensive organiser fees!). This means new members must be approved and inactive members will be periodically removed!
Are you in your 20s or 30s?
Do you want to meet new people but are put off my all the "lets meet in a huge group in a noisy bar and get drunk" groups?
Would you rather get to know some potential new like-minded friends in a small group and more relaxed settings?
Do you fit the following descriptions?
• You really enjoy time to yourself
• "Plans" for you can legitimately mean an evening in to yourself doing something that you enjoy
• After spending a lot of time with people (even people you really like!), or in noisy places, you need some alone time to recharge
• You hate small talk and the thought of it feels you with intense fear
• People often describe you as "quiet" (and you probably worry they mean that negatively)
• You always think before you speak
• You're a good listener
Then this could be the group for you!
While Nottingham has lots of Meet Up Groups they all seem to meet in large groups, which as a Classic Introvert (shout out to my fellow INFJs!) is just too intimidating to me.
With this group we keep events small and limited to 6-8 people.
Because events are limited and small, the membership for this group will be capped at 50 Introverts. This means new members will need to be approved and inactive members will be periodically removed. If you want to know more just send me a message!
This is my Vision for this Meet Up Group
• I want this to become more of a community, where other people become organisers and we can have many different Events in our calendar. (Like I say, I'm a classic introvert with limited social energy! And I have a busy life, so I can't fill the calendar alone!)
• If there is something people want to check out or do (see a play/movie/gig/museum/walk/try a restaurant etc) we can create an event.
• My personal preference is to meet in smaller groups (about 6 people if it's just a chat meet up) but that doesn't have to be a hard set rule. If organisers want to hold larger gatherings that is up to them.
• Let me know if you're interested in being an Organiser! :)