What we're about
Welcome tennis players. Our tennis group consists of a random group of people some of which have been playing tennis for many years. This group was formed to find new and fun people to play tennis with, make new friends and to possibly take our game to the next level. We play outdoors in the summer and indoors in the winter. Occasionally after tennis we’ll go out for a drink, please feel free to join us anytime. Please read the everything below and join us for some tennis fun and exercise. See you on the courts.
**SKILL LEVEL REQUIREMENTS**
This Meetup is open for intermediate players and up; for example a 3.5 USTA ranking or higher (https://assets.usta.com/assets/1/15/ExperiencedGuidelines_02142011_V2pdf.pdf). Sorry no beginners or learners, please. If you would like to get some warm-ups before moving up to this group or just want lighter level of play see our other group at https://www.meetup.com/Novi-Farmington-Area-Tennis-Group-Intermediate/ .
Us organizers will do our best to match up similar skill level players with one another to keep the matchups fun for all. When possible we will switch courts and/or partners (if playing doubles) for variety.
In case of bad weather please follow the comment section of the current Meetup and the organizers will do our best make a decision between 4pm and 5pm on that day.
Players who fail to follow these rules could be subject for removal from the group. No-shows could also result in removal from the group.
1. You must be a member of the group to participate, no guests please. We need to ensure that every member has filled out the questionnaire for level of play to properly assign court matchups.
2. Each player must pay a $10 Yearly Membership fee (this is less than 2 hours of one indoor tennis session) which covers the Meetup membership fees. Any excess of money will be spent on tennis balls, water or a post outdoor season party. If you’re apart of our other group you will only be required to pay once.
Note: If you’re a new player or just visiting from out of town please feel free to join us once free of charge. This way you can see if our group fits you before paying.
3. We request that members display their actual photo and name on our meetup site so we know who you are when you show up.
4. If you RSVP'd but are unable to attend, you can change your RSVP by the deadline time listed by that specific Meetup’s organizer. Not canceling your reservation could create an odd numbers of players and doesn’t allow those on the waitlist (see next item) to play. Players with 2 or more no-shows without proper cancellation are subject to removal from the group.
5. Due to court availability, we place a limit of 8-12 players for each Meetup. If there are more than the limit, Meetup will automatically create a "Waitlist" and will move people from that list to RSVP’d if there's a cancellation. We respectfully ask that all players on this list be available to play in case someone drops on the RSVP list, even on the day of the Meetup. If you aren’t sure, please remove yourself from the waitlist.
Note: If there are enough RSVP’s on the waitlist the organizers may open the Meetup to add you to the playlist but this will depend on court availability at that particular location.
6. We ask that all players do their best to show up on time and stay until the end of the meetup. If you are running late, please post on that particular Meetup’s discussion, PM or text the organizer.
7. We prefer an even number of players. If you were the last RSVP and you make it an odd number we kindly ask you to change your RSVP to “No” before the Meetup starts. We will do our best to see if we can find an player to keep it even to avoid this from happening but it’s not always possible.
8. Please be kind, courteous and respectful to everyone. We are all here to have a good time while getting some exercise and improving our tennis skills.
9. When playing try to follow the USTA rules (https://www.usta.com/content/dam/usta/pdfs/20180119_2018FAC-full.links.pdf#) for those players that play on USTA teams and for others to develop good habits. “If it’s close, it’s in.”
10. If playing in early spring, late summer or fall and there is a high school match being played please do not go on the courts until an organizer confirms that it’s alright to do so with the hosting teams tennis coach.
11. Bring some tennis balls; don’t assume everyone will have some and if we spread it out, it will be a lot cheaper for all of us in the long run.
12. Lastly and most importantly: have fun!!!
Note: We understand that things happen in life and late cancellations may be necessary at times. We just ask that you let the organizer know ASAP by sending a text/call to that Meetup’s organizer, posting in that Meetup’s discussion board or by sending a Meetup message so that they can make appropriate adjustments. Thanks in advance.
We have multiple options for payment. You can pay via PayPal, Venmo, Google Pay or with Cash when you show up to the Meetup. For payment info please contact Steve via Meetup message or text (see next section for contact info).
If you have further questions, comments, suggestions or concerns please contact us via text message or by sending us a Meetup message.