addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

OC Backpackers Message Board GREAT TIPS AND LESSONS LEARNED FORUM › OC backpackers Face Book Page

OC backpackers Face Book Page

Phil
Drag-n
Hampton, VA
https://www.facebook....­ Please go "like" our page.
Hey everyone, we've had several people commenting on and trying to breathe new life into our (little known) FB page, which has been sort of dormant to say the least.(Thanks Juice!)
I will say I think it has much more potential for conversations than the meetup page, and who knows maybe even things like trip information, questions, ideas, etc. etc, etc, but please, no cats and definitely NO POLITICS.
Juice is leading an effort to get us some new OCB T shirts, check out her posts (hey, that's good for our FB page!)  We need a minimum order to make it happen.
Order your shirt on this site: http://teespring.com/...­ All shirts are the athletic performance fabric so we can enjoy using them on the trail...
Also, as always, here's my plead for new trips, summer won't last long now, I'm asking for folks to become trip organizers and....organize some trips. I know the summer heat deters some folks, but keep in mind, it got down to 38F (no shit!) on our Dolly Sods trip last week, but still warmed up enough to go swimming!
I guess we could use a Saturday class at the Norfolk YMCA on how to be a trip leader (?)
I've decided most everyone needs to learn how to read a map, a real paper map and since everyone has a smart phone, how to load trips and maps (real topo maps) on your phone. But since there are not very many resources for map education, I will give classes on the basics to help get you started.
Ok, now that you've made it to the bottom, go like the FB page (Biscuit, ask Jason how to get on FB, it's about time for you); and PLEASE think about becoming a trip organizer.
regards
Phil