The latest round of lightning talks is upon us! Listed below is our awesome line up. Thanks to all these great speakers.
• How to add a Dropbox file picker to your application in 5 minutes (and why you should) (5 min) by Jonathan Yarbor (https://twitter.com/blazedd)
• Functional reactive programming with streams using Highland.js (10 min) by Nicholas Lindley (https://twitter.com/nlindley)
• Beginner Friendly Intro to Popular JS Libraries (5 min) by Carmen Long (http://twitter.com/carmalou)
• Developer Bill of Rights (10 min) by Raymond Lewallen (https://twitter.com/rlewallen)
• Proposed ES7 features (10 min) by Adam Rackis (https://twitter.com/adamrackis)
Q: What are Lightning Talks?
Q: How can I sign up to give a Lightning Talk?
A: We post a sign up thread on the meetup discussions page (http://www.meetup.com/OKC-js/messages/boards/). Post your talk title, what you're covering, and if it is a 5 or 10 minute long presentation. We will let you know if you're selected. We give preference to new speakers to strengthen our community.
Q: What topics can I cover?
A: Common topics include: libraries, ways you've solved problems, what you're working on, or anything relating to JS. To participate: post your topic and presentation length. Please note that marketing pitches are not allowed; lightning talks are a community enrichment event.