Join Open Rights Group to hear from MEP candidates for the London region and quiz them on their views on digital rights.
In the run-up to the European elections on 22nd May, Open Rights Group are holding MEP hustings across the country as part of the wepromise.eu (https://www.wepromise.eu/en) campaign.
The hustings will focus on digital rights issues, asking the candidates where they stand on issues such as censorship of the web, online anonymity, open data and mass surveillance measures.
• Sarah Ludford MEP - Liberal Democrat
• Claude Moraes MEP - Labour
• Danny Bates - Green
• Paul Oakley - UKIP
• Syed Kamall MEP (Conservative)
Chaired by Glyn Moody (https://twitter.com/glynmoody) - writer and journalist on technology and digital rights
• Digital Conversations (http://www.meetup.com/Digital-Conversations/)
• Ladies Who Code (http://www.meetup.com/Ladies-Who-Code-UK/)
• HNLondon (http://www.meetup.com/HNLondon/)
• Cybersalon (http://www.cybersalon.org)
If you wish to attend but don't wish to use MeetUp, you can email london at openrightsgroup dot org. london at openrightsgroup dot org ([masked])