What we're about
Open Banking Excellence is an initiative originally founded by the Edinburgh finTech community to promote the use and unlock the value of Open Banking. Our focus is squarely on the practical benefits, use, adoption, education and awareness of Open Banking.
We are an open forum think tank that meets monthly for anyone in the industry who wants to contribute, input into, educate, share and collaborate with what is now a global movement to make bank data accessible. Our goal is to create an authentic, collaborative channel for like mind people to share their stories and collectively have a greater impact within the immediate industry at a practical, real-world level.
The objectives of the group are to:
• Grow awareness of Open Banking and consumer driven benefits
• Establish the Open Banking Excellence meetup as a place where Open Banking workers, fintech’s and advocates gravitate
• Increase expertise develop real world use cases
• Educate, Inform, Entertain through engagement as a community, with the community
• Proactively contribute to adopting global standards for PSD2
To be clear - this is all about how we showcase the value of Open Banking. How it can change the world and open up new opportunities for consumers and businesses alike.
You can find out more about the group at openbankingexcellence.com and meetup.com/Open-Banking-Excellence.
The format is casual but we always start off with a welcome chat, a spotlight on different topics and then move on to member introductions and some great networking.
Please come along for a casual evening of practical insights and share the meetup so we can build a great community.