Celebrate International Open Data Day by participating in this OpenDataBC Hackathon on February 21, 2015!
Mashing up one or more BC Open Data sets, create a meaningful open data app or visualization that citizens can use, creating a working prototype to be demoed at the end of the day.
8am-8:30 Registration and morning fuel
8:30-9am Welcoming remarks, idea pitching, team selection
8pm - 8:30pm demo time & competition panel voting!
8:30pm-9pm OpenDataBC Hackathon awards, & sponsorship recognition.
• You don't need to use only BC Open Data sets, but it should play an important role.
• You do need to add the BC Open Data set(s) you use to OpenDataBC.
• You may want to flush out you idea before Feb 21.
• You may want to organize a team of awesome datageeks (developers, designers etc) beforehand.
• You can join a team with a cool idea on arrival, or recruit datageeks to create your own team.
• You need to create a working prototype of your open data app or visualization for the competition panel to review.
• You will have an awesome time celebrating International Open Data Day in Vancouver BC!
• You may receive an awesome prize for the best overall app, best mobile accessible app or best visualization.
Who should attend
• Developers - who are super talented and can make people's dreams come true
• Designers - who love making data beautiful and meaningful and help people see there dreams come true
• GIS Gurus - who just love data and maps and are awsome
• Non profits and other organizations - with with app ideas, problems to solve, and amazing stories to tell
• Librarians - who are awesome, have ideas, and love data
• Statisticians & data analysts - who just love working with data and see meaning where others see chaos
• Citizens - with app ideas, problems to solve, efficiencies to find
• Public servants - familiar with government data, or have great Gov2 ideas to bring to life
A big thank you to our sponsors who have helped make this open data hackathon happen! More to come...