Welcome. This group was created for one simple reason: to connect people interested in making new friends. This group is open to anyone looking to do that in the Orange County area. We'll host events throughout the County to allow members to see different aspects of OC while meeting new people and most importantly having fun!
Who We Serve:
This group is open to anyone who is looking to make more friends. We welcome all genders, all backgrounds, all ages, all relationship statuses. Loneliness and isolation impacts people of all backgrounds and the purpose of this group is to challenge that by offering an option to meet people in this community. As long as you can commit to our expecations below you are welcome to join and participate in this group.
What You Can Expect:
1. Most of our events will have an event host who will be expected to meet all attendees and make sure everyone is feeling welcome. There are too many meetups out there where the event organizer is nowhere to be found or only socializing with their own clique. We will at least say Hello to you and welcome you.
2. In the spirit of making sure of the above; Event organizers are not permitted to host events they are working the same event in another capacity (e.g. an event organizer promoting their own yoga class). That ensures that each organzier is truly available to meet and connect with members.
3. A variety of events will be hosted. We'll work on offering diverse events such as coffee, self-care events, walks, community service, concerts, etc.
4. An opportunity to meet people in the area and develop new friendships.
5. At times we may have events that are geared towards couples only and women only. Those events will have that indicated in the event title.
What We Expect from You:
1. Respect our time: This is a volunteer-run group. Show up on time to events.
2. If you can't attend, give us 24 hours. No shows will be removed from the group.
3. Read your messages, we will send attendees reminders before the event regarding meeting spots, special instructions, etc. Read them.
4. You must have a current photo to join.
5. Be respectful of other members. Event organizers and admins reserve the right to remove anyone from the group from any reason.
6. Agreement to our disclaimer and media policy
By joining this group, you and any guests agree to the following:
(1) assume any and all risk and liability for all losses, damages, damage to property, injuries or death which may arise in connection with participation in the events by yourself and guests. and;
(2) grant permission for videographic, photographic or audio recording of attendees participation in the activities, programs or functions of this group, and for the use of such recordings by this group for promotional and educational purposes in perpetuity.
This consent will remain in effect for all events you attend.