This a fun and competitive group who welcomes anyone who wants to play some flag football and meet some new people! I would describe us as a “backyard”, “recess”, “spin the ball to see who picks first” kind of flag football group. Structured and competitive enough to keep things interesting but relaxed and casual enough to still have fun. Come join us, get some exercise, talk trash to friends, meet new people, and play the sport we all love!
This is a co-ed 18+ group and all skill levels are encouraged! Please invite anyone you feel would love to play!
The Orange County Flag Football Group (OCFFG) is now partnered with EAYIKES Inc. ,a non-profit organization aimed at empowering youth to create positive change for themselves and their community. Our goal is to not only create a sense of community within this flag football group but also provide opportunities for OCFFG members to contribute to their back to their own communities.
"How do you get started?"
1. Join this Orange County Flag Football Group (Weekly) meetup group. Make sure you RSVP every time you plan on coming out!
2. Sign a liability waiver (provide at the field)
3. Pay membership fee
option a: $3 per time out
option b: $60 for 6 month membership
option c: $100 for 1 year membership
* Your first time out is free. Just need to sign the waiver.
The membership fees goes toward insurance, field rentals, and replenishing of equipment. Anything extra is donated to the EAYIKES non profit!
We play all year round every Saturday @ 10:30am at Hare School Park in Garden Grove. ( 12012 Magnolia St, Garden Grove, CA 92841)
We will provide the footballs, flags, cones, etc….
(cleats are encouraged)
If interested please join this meetup and our fb group!
Disclaimer: If the rules seem a little unfamiliar from the standard football rules don't be alarmed... we've been tweaking and modifying our rules for years and found that this current format makes for a more fun, fast, and competitive game.
- Team sizes are based off the attendance of each week.
- Standard football rules with some slight changes.
- There are no kickoffs or punts so we start each new possession at your own 5 yard line (except on turnover-on-downs situations).
- 4 downs to make a first down. The first down marker always at the mid-field line. After a first down is attained a new set of downs is given... to which then your team will have 4 downs to get into the end zone (ei. 1st and goal).
- There is only passing plays allowed (no run plays).
- All players are eligible to catch the ball (even blockers).
- There are no fumbles.
- No laterals.
- Only one foot is needed to be inbounds.
- The quarterback is NOT allowed to run across the line of scrimmage.
- There can be an unlimited amount of rushers/blitzers who can immediately rush the quarterback once the ball is snapped. All rushers/blitzers must be 7 yards away from the line of scrimmage.
- Blockers are free to use shoulders and hand but not elbows/forearms while rushers do the same (means no swim moves which end up with elbows in the face!)
- All touchdowns are 1 point. No field goals or two point conversions. (Generally we play up to 5).
- There is no points given for a safety. The ball will be spotted on your own 1 yard line and a loss of down is enforced. If there is a safety on third down, there is an automatic turnover on downs and the ball is spotted back at the opposite 5 yard line.
- If there is a dispute on any calls then there will be a redo on the play (we're here to have fun... not argue).
If you have any questions feel free to message me or ask us on Saturday.
See you guys and girls every Saturday!