addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Orange County Sierrans 20s,30s,40s Message Board › Crystal Cove Backpack is a GO!

Crystal Cove Backpack is a GO!

James H.
user 10269960
Irvine, CA
Hi,

I just talked to the ranger this morning and the backpack is still a go. Keep in mind that while the chance of rain is 30%, the expected amount of rainfall is not expected to impact safety. The rangers close the park in the event that there is enough rainfall to make the trails dangerous.

With that said, expect light rain on the hike. If you don’t have a rain cover for your pack or gear, make sure you put anything that needs to stay dry in a garbage bag in your backpack. This is absolutely critical if you have a down sleeping bag: wet down will not keep you warm at all! Bring the most waterproof/water resistant jacket, pants, and hat that you have – even if you don’t have any, as long as we’re moving, you won’t feel the cold at all. Most importantly, make sure you have a set of dry clothes inside your pack to change into once we get to camp.

If you have any other questions at all about this trip, please email me through meetup/directly. I’m looking forward to seeing all of you at Coastal Peak Park parking lot at 2 p.m. today!

Parking lot map: https://maps.google.c...­

-James