addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

PDX Wine & Adventure Enthusiasts Message Board › Riedel Glass Tasting

Riedel Glass Tasting

This message board is read-only.

A former member
Post #: 20
Just wanted to put out feelers to see if this would be an interesting topic for the group?

Here is how it works.....

Each attendee will have five wine glasses placed in front of them. One is a "joker" glass - the others are the Riedel Sauvignon Blanc, Montrachet/Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Cabernet glasses.

Four wines are poured and tasted in each of the glasses. It is amazing as it really does prove that the glass can make a difference.

The cost, for such an event, normally runs $99 per person...at the end of the night, each participant takes home their 4 Riedel glasses. The glasses retail around $125.

Appetizers are served after the tasting (this is to avoid having the food interfere with the tasting).

If we have enough people who are interested, I will work on getting one set up.

Kathy
A former member
Post #: 32
Just wanted to update this subject.

I am working on putting together a Riedel Glass Tasting in late October, early November (date TBA).

The event will be held at Allegri Wine Bar and Art Gallery at 44 N. Main Avenue; Gresham, Oregon.

The cost will run around $100 per person (you will leave with a set of Riedel stemware valued at $120.) Five wines will be poured at the event.

They will be:

A sparkling wine as a welcome wine

Sauvignon Blanc
Chardonnay
Pinot Noir
Cabernet Sauvignon (or a Merlot or Bordeaux blend)

Appetizers will be served AFTER the formal tasting.

This is a sit down tasting, done classroom style and will be limited to 15 people.

I will post it, as an actual event, once I have the date.

Pre-payment of the fee will be required and there will be no refunds fifteen days prior to the event as the wine shop will need to pre-order the glass sets.

I welcome any feedback you may have.