What we're about
A meet-up group to bring Portland O4SR members together, as well as other members of the local Scientific Skepticism community.
Established in 1994, O4SR is an educational nonprofit formed to promote science and reason. We seek to develop rational thought and action through the application of scientific methods and critical thinking.
• Educate the public with outreach activities and free public lectures.
• Facilitate social contacts among scientific skeptics by hosting regular social gatherings.
• Spread critical thinking skills and a science-based worldview.
If you are still looking for intelligent life on Earth, check us out.
• Examine testable pseudoscientific and paranormal claims.
• Serve as a skeptical resource on questionable claims and science/pseudoscience for local/regional media.
• Interact with other skeptics and scientific skeptic groups globally through e-mail and website contacts.
For more information, visit our website: