What we're about
- We are a Hula Halau (School) whose mission it is to share the Polynesian cultures, dance, and Spirit of Aloha in the Orlando and surrounding areas. We place a strong emphasis on technique and protocols in order to help perpetuate their cultures and dance.
- Classes are offered for children ages 3 and up, women and men, any size, shape, or physical fitness level are welcome!
- We offer classes in Hula and Tahitian Dance, and Maori Poi Basics
- Samoan Siva and other Polynesian dance workshops
- Culture, Costume-making, Lei-making, Performance Preparation, and other specialized workshops
- Performance opportunities are possible for those students who would like to participate...speak to instructor if interested.
- Classes are offered in multiple locations so please contact us directly or visit us on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/HulaHalauOLeilani
- Our website provides more details on class styles and halau information at: www.HulaSchool.net
-BENEFITS OF HULA DANCING …for the Body, Mind, and Spirit…
For the Body-
• Increases Strength and Flexibility in Core, hips, thighs, calves, shins, back, shoulders, and arms
• Provides Low-Impact Cardiovascular workout
• Improves Coordination, Balance, Posture, Poise and Gracefulness
• Hula for Your Health – studies show an improvement in Osteoporosis and overall health with Hula!
For the Mind-
• Enhances Memory
• Provides Education and Understanding of Hawaiian words, music, history, and culture
• Creates Awareness and Respect for the Hawaiian Culture
• Develops Dedication, Responsibility, and Respect for others
For the Spirit-
• Reduces Stress and Allows for Relaxation
• Creates a Visual and Spiritual Experience
• Gain an Understanding of, and Share the “Spirit of Aloha”
• Develop Lifelong Friendships and become part of the Hula Ohana (family)
Come join us to dance and Share The Spirit of Aloha! We look forward to meeting you soon!