Organizer: SrLarkin on BoardGameGeek.com (BGG)
19 Days to Game Summit www.gamesummit.ca
Many thanks to those who've volunteered to help! Geekmail me if you want to help but haven't let me know.
Thanks to those who helped test out Citadals on speed!
As this week's prep for the Game Summit I'd like to try a timed game of Colonial. I'll put the details in a separate post.
Also, The session dues are hereby raised to $2.50. This lines us up with Westboro and, more importantly, allows us to accumulate a war chest for 2012!
Since the weather is sloppy out there and we don't want to make a mess, please try to ensure your boots are dry before heading downstairs. Consider bringing alternate footwear & leaving the mucky mukluks at the door.
There will be a meeting of the Kanata Board Gamers this Thursday, 2 February 2012. The start time for the session is 6 PM till approximately 11pm.
The place is: Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church
Detailed directions follow, but it is quite close to the Wizard’s Tower and the Hazeldean Public Library.
Also, send me a geekmail if you want to let me know about anything - from suggestions for raising club attendance, club purchase suggestions, or just telling me whether you can make the meeting.
Feel free to use this forum thread to discuss what to play!
You may bring food & drink (be neat!). We can rearrange the tables & chairs provided we return everything an keep things tidy.
Our meetings are posted on meetup; check out http://meetup.gamesforall.ca/
Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church (KCCRC) is 46 Castlefrank Rd (directions follow). There is parking outside. Follow the signs to the church basement.
I will be collecting $2.50 from each person. The first $20 collected is donated to our gracious venue. Any left over will go into a boardgame library fund. Maybe we'll have enough for some 2012 Essen picks? The war chest stands at $41 and the library stands at 5 games (Automobile, Eclipse, The Forgotten Planet, Colonial: Europe's Empires Overseas, and Pergamemnon). Members can borrow from the library any time.
Visitors are always welcome. Come on in and check us out! There is no obligation, but if you decide to become a member it only costs $5 and entitles you to 10% discount cards at select local games stores.
Note if you want the discount cards (for Fandom II, Toys on Fire, and Comic Book Shoppe), let me know & I'll have them made up. 100% of the $5 fee goes to Can Games to support kids games and the cards are good for 1 calendar year from the month you get them. We have collected $30 for the kids so far.
Please add to this thread with your suggestions of what to play.
Hope to see you then!
Directions to the Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church (from the East):
1. Take Queensway/417 to MARCH/MARCH RD. exit, EXIT 138, toward CH. EAGLESON/EAGLESON RD./KANATA. 600m
2. Take the EAGLESON RD SOUTH ramp. 0.09 km
3. Turn LEFT onto EAGLESON RD/CHEMIN EAGLESON/RR-49 S. 2.1 km
4. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto HAZELDEAN RD/CHEMIN HAZELDEAN/RR[masked] km
5. Turn LEFT onto CASTLEFRANK RD/CHEMIN CASTLEFRANK. 0.3 km
6. 46 CASTLEFRANK ROAD is on your left at the stop sign.
7. Go up the hill to the church and park at the top. There will be a sign on the church doors near the parking lot directing you.
8. Go thru' the doors and into the main hall. To your left will be stairs leading down. Take the stairs and at the bottom go right then left. We are in room 103 at the end of the corridor.