Bainbridge Island has an observatory with monthly public planetarium shows & stargazing led by the Battle Point Astronomical Association (http://www.bpastro.org/).
If you'd like to meet up before the star party, here's the unofficial group schedule:
• 3:00pm: Seattle ferry to Bainbridge
• 4:00pm: island exploration, probably a visit to the Bloedel Reserve (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g58342-d288043-Reviews-Bloedel_Reserve-Bainbridge_Island_Washington.html)
• 7:00pm: dinner at J'aime Les Crepes (http://www.jaimelescrepes.com/location-map.php)
• 8:15pm: meet up at Battle Point Park Ritchie Observatory (http://bpastro.org/?page_id=33) for the star party and 8:30 planetarium show*
• 12:00am: midnight ferry back to Seattle
You are more than welcome to join us at any of the stops along the way!
Ferry tickets cost $8 for riders or $22 - $28 for rider+vehicle round trip, per their site: http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/fares/FaresDetail.aspx?tripdate=20140208&departingterm=7&arrivingterm=3.
*The BPAA is working on accommodating larger groups for their planetarium shows, however if this isn't possible by 7/12 they're going to hold a second show for us at 9:30pm. We'll find out when we get there.
Thanks Ri for suggesting this! :)
Go to Attendee List