What we're about
This one is just for the girls in Manchester (sorry guys!)
NB: As well as organising lots of events in the City Centre we also hold regular nights and lunches in the suburbs too. These take place across South Manchester ( Didsbury, Chorlton, Sale and Altrincham) and North Manchester ( Bury, Ramsbottom, Prestwich and Whitefield) so if you live in Greater Manchester or the city centre there should be an event taking place near to you. Out With the Girls has been running for 7years and during this time we have managed to organise 3 to 4 events per week. We have hosted all sorts of events from the usual food, drinks and theatre to day trips, party nights, a cottage break in Wales, treasure hunts and holidays abroad ( some of us are going to Cambodia this year as well as Verona and Prague) So if you're looking to make new and lasting female friends in a friendly and welcoming group that meets regularly then this is the group for you.
There is a small one off fee of £3 which goes towards meetup fees of £70 every 6 months and helps the group keep going. Lots of members have said it's the best £3 they've ever spent.
Think the info below says exactly what we're about:
Do you love making new friends and having a giggle?
Do you have lovely friends yourself but find they're often busy with their young families, boyfriends, husbands or perhaps they like their sofa a bit too much ;-), or maybe they've simply moved away?
Maybe you're new to Manchester? You may have a young family, boyfriend or husband yourself but fancy making some new girlfriends?
Well let's get together, and enjoy what Manchester and the surrounding area has to offer. It could be having a good night out on the town or a cheeky glass of wine on a school night or maybe the theatre, gallery, afternoon tea, dinner out or enjoying the fresh air with a walk in the peaks...variety is the spice of life as they say and anyone can add meet ups.
So...please join if this sounds like your kind of thing.
Age range - well I think we have from about 25 to 55 with most in 30's/40's but we don't ask and all are welcome! All we ask is that you update your RSVP if your plans change in plenty of time (like day before at least) so someone else can take your place (don't leave someone else sat at home!).
Now the money bit!
• There is a small one off joining fee of £3. This is to cover the website fee (£70 every 6 months).
• By becoming a group member you agree to helping to keep the group open by paying this fee.
• After joining, please click on the membership dues on the left (under the calendar) to pay within the first 7 days of joining, this gives you time to check out the group to see if it is for you before you pay.
• We will assume that if you haven't paid within the first 7 days then you have decided the group isn't for you and you are happy for us to remove your details- of course you can decide to join us again at any point. This just makes it fair on others that have paid.
• If you haven't got a PayPal account and you do not want to open one (can be useful for other stuff like eBay) then just drop me an email for info on other ways to pay, or if you are going to a meet up in the first week you can pay in cash.
• And finally...sadly we have now introduced a 3 strikes (no shows) and your out policy because the same ladies sign up to everything and do not turn up or cancel their place with any notice which isn't fair on those that would love to join us and on the organisers - no one wants to be sat in a restaurant at a table for 12 and only 2 others turn up nor sat at home alone when someone else isn't considerate enough to give up their place with more than a few hours notice. So if you get three 'no shows' you will be deleted from the group. Hopefully with this notice that will never happen - all you need to do is change your RSVP to 'no' a least the day before, those regularly cancelling on the day will be deemed as a 'no show'. Also on popular events, priority will be given to members who haven't no showed or regularly cancelled their place at the last minute
I look forward to meeting you on an event soon. We are a very friendly group who make new members really welcome. There have also been a lot of life long friendships made through our group too.