What we're about
Exhilarating - Hiking,Biking, Scrambling and Via Ferrata.
This is a group for outdoor enthusiasts looking for adventurous multi-activities at affordable prices. I started this group for people to socialise and experience the outdoors together.
My events consist of hiking, cycling day trips and active weekends away. Longer events for 5-7 days to destinations abroad to Europe are organised for those who want a more intense and strenuous experience or a variety of activities (e.g. Hiking, cycling tours, mountain biking, white water rafting, scrambling and Via Ferrata). These trips are affordable because we generally use Youth Hostels and cater for ourselves and everyone helps and contributes towards the weekend. We will occasional stay in luxurious cottages, Villas, Chalet and hotels depending on numbers and demand.
This group is different to large scale hiking groups in the following way:
1. To ensure a safe and intimate event, my events will remain small in numbers. No more than 20 for a day walks, 14 for bike rides and 14 for weekend events. With small numbers there's less waiting around!
2. Happy to teach map reading and navigation to anyone who is interested to learn. I will bring a spare OS map and compass. Also happy to teach how to deal with bike roadside breakdown if it happens during our cycle ride (punctures, snapped chain, gears adjustment and adjusting brakes).
3. When we use drivers for weekend away events, I will co-ordinate the drivers and members requiring transportation. I will also ensure drivers are compensated for their fuel and service in advance. If possible I will give drivers the best rooms to ensure they have a good night sleep.
4. Most meals are in self catering venues and it will be home cooked healthy food (there will always be the great English fry up option for those who want it)
5. For bike events, if you don't have your own bike or don't want to transport your bike, I am happy to hire bikes and transport it to the start point of the ride.
6. For weekend hiking events I can help with loaning hiking boots, hiking poles and even waterproof jackets at no cost if you are new to the outdoors or new to London.
7. When we use hostel, there will never be more than 4 in a room. I would normally try and secure rooms for 2 to 4 people.
I have over 15 years of diverse hiking and biking experience and have lead many groups to explore many parts of the UK and Europe. I am Mountain Leader trained, Outdoors First Aid qualified, Basic Expedition Leaders qualified and operated youth programmes previously with Raleigh International and DofE. I have extensive hiking experience in North and South America and Europe.
All level of abilities are welcomed but a good level of fitness is required for those who want to join the more strenuous activities. I organise the logistics for our hiking trips so that you don’t have to. I find the locations, book the venues and organise all catering for weekends.
The aim is to explore and hike in picturesque and beautiful rural locations throughout the British Isles and beyond. We regularly visit all of the UK’s National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Join us today!