Introverts vary greatly but in this group we have something in common: We are a group of fun people who re-energize through time in nature and want to do outdoor activities with others who "get it." We do a lot of hiking, but are not limited to that. Members suggest a wide variety of fun, including camping, canoeing and kayaking, even mini-golf in natural areas. Most events are in or around the Twin Cities area, but we are not restricted to that.
This group is not about the absence of socializing; it is about experiencing nature with like-minded people.
The Introverts have a few asks:
1. Activity participants are not required to be silent but are asked respect those who want a bit more space for introspection.
2. Hikes are not speed hikes. We take time to explore tracks, learn about foraging and birds, and enjoy the sights, smells and sounds. (Think Shinrin-Yoku - the medicine of simply being in the forest.)
3. If you have something outdoors that you want to try, suggest it. Quite often there are others who want to do the same. We are always looking for new places to have fun. Reach out to me with ideas - and your willingness to be a host allows us to offer more options.
4. Some activities have limited number of participants to protect the environment we treasure. More importantly it allows members to re-energize peacefully.
5. Well behaved puppies are welcome at any activity unless they are either prohibited by the establishment or by the organizer. Please respect leash laws. On occasion we will plan puppy hikes at which they are invited to bring their humans.
6. Guests are welcome to most events.
7. At times we may offer events in partnership with like-minded groups.
If you have any questions, please shoot me a message. See you soon.
In response to COVID-19 concerns, participants are asked not to attend if they feel ill or have reason to believe they may have been exposed. Members are encouraged to practice social distancing or mask as they feel comfortable. A Zoom account is available to plan events or to share an adventure with the group on line.