What better way to kickstart the weekend than to spend your Saturday morning in the stimulating company of fellow writers looking for camaraderie and motivation in solidarity? The writers' brunch is as much a weekly tradition as a fried breakfast but far less likely to clog your arteries.
The way these brunches work is thusly-wise:
• We meet up at the location specified on the event, usually the Jam Factory but I'll change it if they happen to have anything on
• Order some drinks and food
• We work on anything we like - there are no exercises or prompts, this is simply a time for you to get writing
• We have set times when we take a break - in order to prevent people from getting disturbed, I'd rather keep the chat to defined periods every 45 minutes
• We stay until whatever time we like, but most people leave sometimes between 1pm-3pm
To prevent me having to tell everyone the writing times each week, we'll stick to the following:
12:30-13:15 - Writing
13:15-13:30 - Break
13:30-14:15 - Writing
14:15-14:30 - Break
And so on.
View these as drop-in meetings, so turn up at whatever time you like, but, please be mindful of the times above when people are hard at work on their writing!