• Do you live and breathe Adobe InDesign and Acrobat for work or for personal projects?
• Are you a graphic designer, communications designer, or part of a creative team tasked to create accessible PDFs or check PDFs for accessibility, or just have a general interest in accessibility and inclusive design?
• Would you like to know more about creating inclusive and accessible publications for print and online?
Let us meet and share our stories - you'll be glad to know you are not alone in this journey!
Short talks, demos, workshops and networking activities. We'll meet in major working hubs in Sydney (Sydney CBD, Parramatta, or North Sydney) or visit agencies championing accessibility. We are open to breakfast/coffee/after-hours meetups and will invite speakers for our talks and workshops.
Topics include, but not limited to:
• PDF accessibility
• accessibility checking
• accessible interactive PDFs, forms, infographics, tables and complex documents
• using screen readers and assistive technologies to test for accessibility
• inclusive design, design considerations for the elderly, people with disabilities, and people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds
• WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) 2.0, and 2.1
• PDF/UA (the International Standard for accessible PDF technology)
• Digital Service Standard (set by the Australian government's Digital Transformation Agency, to ensure digital teams build clear and simple government services) and its impact to our work as accessibility creatives
• using Adobe Indesign and Acrobat to create accessible documents (but we will also look at accessible Microsoft Word and Powerpoint documents, video and multimedia presentations, and accessibility for content and graphics we post on social media platforms)
As 'Digital Accessibility Creatives', we can do our share in making our world a more inclusive place.
In the next few weeks, we will be sharing articles about Digital accessibility, What is accessibility all about in the first place?, Accessibility for graphic designers...
We will find a way for our meetup group talk, discuss and share techniques and find solutions not only through scheduled in-person meetups, but do it online for those who cannot attend meetups soon.
Let us know what you think.