Location visible to members
In this workshop, we will use the SVG toolkit D3.js (http://d3js.org/) to create vector based interactive art for web.
• Intro to SVG: primitives, attributes, and css styles
• Uncommon D3.js Design Patterns: do not .enter()
• Animation & Interaction: transition().delay().duration().ease()
• Advanced SVG features: filters & masks
• Bonus: Interactive Particle Systems
• Basic skill in at least one graphical programming language (OF, Processing, Cinder, Three.js, etc.)
• If you can edit examples in Processing, you will do fine here.
note from the instructor
This is not a D3.js workshop. You will not learn data visualization at this workshop. I will be teaching concepts that are not useful for data visualization. If you want to learn data visualization using D3, there are many useful books, I have read them all, and all of them are worth your time.
about the instructor
Bill Automata (https://twitter.com/billautomata) (creative-co.de (http://creative-co.de/)) is Portland based designer and software engineer. He is the Data Visualization Team Lead for cloud security company, evident.io.