The creation of new experiences in virtual reality, augmented reality, and mixed reality is coming from many quarters; it seems like everyone is jumping on this bandwagon!
In this presentation, Heather McGeachy will share her experiences interviewing a variety of independent creators in the latest push to make mixed realities relevant. She will share her approach and initial findings, and talk about and the value of conducting this independent research.
• Date: Wednesday, January 17, 2018
• Time: Informal networking from 6:30 - 7:00pm, then the presentation begins promptly at 7:00pm
• Location: Pacific Northwest College of Art (PNCA), 511 NW Broadway, Portland. Parking is available in the west-side faculty lot after 6:30pm.
• Refreshments: Light dinner and drinks generously provided by Filter.
• Cost: $5. Members -- free. (2018 membership costs $20 and covers the six bi-monthly meetings held in alternating months January - November.) Event and membership fees will be collected at the door, cash only please.
About the speaker: Heather McGeachy is currently UX Research Director for Cognito. Her experience includes Human Factors & UX research for new devices at Intel, Gallery Owner at Gallery 114 in Portland, Head of Design instruction at Green River community college in Auburn, Washington.
About this organization:
The PDX Design Research Group is a multidisciplinary networking group focused on the role of research in the design of products, services and systems in business, government and non-profits. We welcome perspectives from all disciplines, including human-computer interaction, design, market research, and the social sciences, and others. Meetings are held every other month in downtown Portland, and include speakers, panel discussions, workshops, and other events, with opportunities to network and discuss relevant topics with fellow research professionals.
We look forward to seeing you!
- Your PDX Design Research Group co-organizers: Sherri Koester, Mike Kippenhan, and Elise Lind