Join us for an evening of round-table discussions related to UX research. This is an opportunity for members to discuss issues that are top of mind. Round-table discussions to include:
1. Research methods (Remote, moderated testing; Mobile testing, etc.)
2. Getting a seat at the decision-making table / Working with product managers (and selling them on the need for design research)
3. Testing the limits of interaction design
• Date: Wednesday, March 21, 2018
• Time: Informal networking from 6:30 - 7:00pm, then the round-table discussion begin promptly at 7:00pm
• Location: Pacific Northwest College of Art (PNCA), 511 NW Broadway, Portland. Parking is available in the west-side faculty lot after 6:30pm.
• Refreshments: Light dinner and drinks generously provided by Filter.
• Cost: $5. Members -- free. (2018 membership costs $20 and covers the six bi-monthly meetings held in alternating months January - November.) Event and membership fees will be collected at the door, cash only please.
About this organization:
The PDX Design Research Group is a multidisciplinary networking group focused on the role of research in the design of products, services and systems in business, government and non-profits. We welcome perspectives from all disciplines, including human-computer interaction, design, market research, and the social sciences, and others. Meetings are held every other month in downtown Portland, and include speakers, panel discussions, workshops, and other events, with opportunities to network and discuss relevant topics with fellow research professionals.
We look forward to seeing you!
- Your PDX Design Research Group co-organizers: Sherri Koester, Mike Kippenhan, and Elise Lind