Oct 21, 2015 · 6:30 PM
This location is shown only to members
Our first Emacs Hangout will have the following agenda:
• Main Talk. Overview of Magit, a Git Porcelain for Emacs presented by Will Clifford and Howard Abrams. This will be around 15 minutes, so it won't answer all your questions, but should get you started.
• Lightning Talks. Have something to share? Great! Each lightning talk with be around 5 minutes to show off something cool your learned, so come prepared! We don't know how many of these we'll have, but we're flexible.
• Office Hours. We'll have a white board where you can write down issues you want to resolve or projects you are working on, and others will come and work with you to solve them.
We may tweak this format in the future, but this is our plan. We'll publish notes about this meeting at our Github repository.
Couple of notes about this meeting:
1. Enter on SW 2nd. Arrive by Max? Walk around the building.
2. Doors lock at 7, so people arriving after 7 will need to call the note on the door to let them in.
3. We will finish office hours at 8, and then continue at a local pub.
Note: Our monthly hangouts will be the third Wednesday of each month...however, we may alter this pattern for November and December.