How it works:
Do you work for a tech company in any way, shape, or form (start-up, developer, marketing, design, admin, tech student, etc.)? Do you want to be more involved in the Portland tech community? Come by and play some Ping-Pong! Or, just come by for some good conversation and a beer. Headbands, wristbands, and other such attire are encouraged.
This event is free but please RSVP so we can get a head count for food and drinks [Note: You must have a connection to the tech community.]
Bring $5 cash for the winner takes all tournament if you want to play!
• Normal games will be best of 3 to 11, just as usual. However, the losers of the first round will be put into a consolation bracket, where matches will be 1 game to 21. If you lose in that bracket once, you’re out of the tournament. This isn’t a full double elimination bracket – if you are in the winner’s bracket and lose at any point after the first round, you are also out of the tournament. Only the first round loser go to the consolation bracket. This ensures everyone will play at least 2 matches.
• Sign up & payment for the tournament will happen at the door as you enter. If you’ve ever been in the top 4 of one of our tournaments, let us know when you sign up. This isn’t to give you a handicap! We’ll be doing a little bit of seeding to even things out in the bracket.
• You have a maximum of 2 minutes to warm up before starting your match.
• The overall winner will receive all money except for $10, which will go to the runner up and whatever else Kevin decides to pocket for beer money...
• Winner of the consolation bracket will receive a trophy and mystery prize.
• We will hand out raffle tickets to everyone at the door. Halfway through the tournament, we'll select a group of people through the raffle to compete in an extra special challenge that could win you a mystery prize!
• Don't forget to bring $5 cash if you want to compete. Even if ping pong's not your thing, we'd love for you to come hang out, enjoy the action, and meet some new people!
Step 1) Go to SE Portland.
Step 2) Go to AltSource at 2407 SE 10th Ave, Portland, OR :)
The Dyrt (http://blog.thedyrt.com/working-at-the-dyrt/) is like Yelp for Camping. And they give away outdoor gear for campground reviews.
The Dyrt is looking smart people.
AltSource (http://www.altsrc.net/#top) is Hiring!
When you join the AltSource team, you'll be working with creative, dedicated and talented individuals in a rewarding environment. We have a fast-paced culture that embraces the principles behind the Agile manifesto. We like to work with smart, action-oriented problem solvers.
Check out the AltSource jobs page (http://www.altsrc.net/Careers)!