We love movies, especially independent films, foreign films, and documentaries. We support Portland's neighborhood theaters and locally owned restaurants. Our meetups are during the day, when theaters are less crowded and tickets are less expensive.
Here's what to expect at our meetups. Buy your ticket online or at the box office. We'll meet in the lobby of the theater before the film. After the movie, we'll walk to a local restaurant. If you miss us at the theater, ask for the movie group at the restaurant. We'll go around the table to introduce ourselves, and then again to share our first impressions of the film.
* When you RSVP for one of our meetups, please answer the question about the restaurant so that we have an accurate count for our reservation.
* Our meetups fill up very quickly and often have a waitlist. If your plans change and you cannot attend, please change your RSVP so the next person on the waitlist can attend.
* The size of our meetups depends on the restaurants we go to after the movies. Some restaurants can accommodate larger groups than others.
* Keep your RSVP up to date. This is especially important when there is a waitlist and when the organizer has made a reservation at a local restaurant. Don't be a no-show!
* No-shows and frequent cancellations will put you on the waitlist for future meetups. After three no-shows, you will be removed from our group.
* Post a recognizable photo of yourself.
* After you have attended four of our meetups, you can begin hosting. The group will pay for your movie ticket when you host a meetup.
* Download the Meetup app to your phone to receive alerts about new meetups and for last minute changes and messages about the meetups you will be attending. Be sure to turn on notifications!
* Annual dues of $7.00 will begin after your 90 day free trial period.