Again we have one of our recurring speakers we'd like to welcome on Wednesday 27th of March. Nearly exactly a year ago Michelangelo van Dam held a presentation on the same location. This time he will talk about taking the Continuous Deployment concept to the next level.
Continuous Deployment, TDD and Continuous Integration is nothing new anymore and many of you are already veterans deploying multiple times each day code into production. But you’re still suffering from cutting corners and doing something quick on production when time is pressing, violating the processes you all worked hard on to get approved.
In this talk we take this very concept to the next level and show you how we used unconventional ways to deploy faster with less issues and regained control over a 10+ year old legacy application.
About Michelangelo van Dam:
Michelangelo van Dam is a professional PHP consultant and Zend Framework expert working mainly for governments and larger enterprises. Michelangelo is also president of PHPBenelux (http://www.phpbenelux.eu/), a PHP user group operating in Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg, and speaks at several PHP conferences around the world.
About the location:
The meetup is held at Blue Dragon (https://www.bluedragon-dt.nl/) (formerly known as Connexx) in the southwest of Eindhoven. Blue Dragon provides us food (pizza) and drinks. Everybody is encouraged to attend about an hour prior to the lecture, so we can have a chat while enjoying our food.
The building Blue Dragon is located in, is near Veldhoven and the N2/A2 highways in the southwest of Eindhoven. Loads of free parking spaces are available around the building. Busstops are around the corner.
About the meetup:
• attending the meetup is free (as in free beer);
• free food (pizza) and free drinks are provided!;
• food is available between 18:00 and 19:00;
• prize raffle every meetup;
• the lecture will start at 19:00;
• spoken language is English unless not necessary;
• the presentation is in English;
• suitable for novice to expert level;
• held at Blue Dragon in the southwest of Eindhoven;
• free parking spaces are right around the building.