We are very proud to host a workshop about Xdebug with Derick in Dresden!
This workshop will cover the following topics:
Morning session - Xdebug essentials: (10:00am - 12:30pm)
- Setup fur (remote) debugging via web requests and CLI (in PHPStorm)
- Usage of breakpoints (with conditionals)
- What is debuggable with Xdebug and what is not
- Understanding code coverage output / reports
Afternoon session - Xdebug advanced: (01:30pm - 04:00pm)
- Stack & Function Traces
- Profiling with Xdebug (Cachegrind files and configuration options)
- Code Coverage Whitelist Filter and how to use it with PHPUnit
- Garbage Collection Stats
- The workshop is limited to a maximum number of 20 attendees.
- For attendees who are not official members of the PHP USERGROUP DRESDEN e.V. we will charge 25.00€ per person.
Derick Rethans is a PHP internals expert and author of Xdebug. He works as an independent contractor and consultant on PHP extensions and related projects.
He has contributed to the PHP project in numerous forms (Date/Time Extension, Xdebug, PHP 4.4/7.4 Release Manager, etc). He is a frequent lecturer at conferences, the author of php|architect's Guide to Date and Time Programming, and the co-author of PHP 5 Power Programming. Derick is also the host of the weekly-ish PHP Internals News podcast.
In his spare time, he likes to travel, hike, ski and practise photography.