What we're about
Hi! My name is Fay Sherwood. I am an artist based in Abu Dhabi, (www.facebook.com/fairyscreations2014) and I want to help show you how to paint vibrant works of art, discover your own voice, and release your creativity!
With no prior art experience necessary, our classes aim to help ignite the artist within. Through the healing nature of art and creativity, I hope that you will find our classes are therapeutic, social, and productive.
• Abu Dhabi Open Art classes are structured to encourage a safe space for you to learn and practice your creativity.
• This class is NOT intended to teach you how to paint like the Old Masters, myself, or anyone else for that matter.
• It IS intended for you to find your own voice, rhythm, and comfort levels all while creating beautiful works of art in the process.
• Each class topic will be offered once to twice a week for roughly two hours
• You are free to pick which date you will attend. You may attend a class twice if you would like.
• All classes will be delivered from my home in Abu Dhabi (Khalifa City A) and I will supply space, some materials, and seating for you to use while painting.
• Each class is 150 dhs and there is no commitment necessary. Due to the number of "no shows" all classes must be "prepaid" in order to attend. You can drop in at any point of the year and you don’t have to worry about falling behind. Please RSVP at least 24 hours in advance however, so I can accommodate/prepare space.
• If you are an absolute beginner and would like guided instruction, this class is for you. But if you have some prior experience and would like to try new approaches, you will also find this class to be valuable.
• You must attend meetups at least once every three months. Three months of no group participation will get you automatically deleted.
• Classes will continue to happen as long as three creatives have RSVP'd to attend.
• Members who RSVP yes and do not show up will be banned from the group. Please try to change your RSVP more than 24 hours before the meet up if possible. If you have a last minute change of RSVP, you must change your RSVP and leave a comment to let the meetup organiser know - if not, you will be also banned from the group. (for emergency contact organiser directly as soon as possible to avoid being banned)
• These are new rules please read and follow the guidelines there have been too many events with food made and places set up and no shows, as we wait for you to arrive. This is not respectful to creatives in attendance or the host.